Marc Ferguson, an associate of PECA,
has 26 years experience as a healthcare professional, including 19 years experience in
progressively responsible materials management positions at five Northern California
healthcare institutions and 7 years experience in the healthcare consulting field.
Mr. Ferguson's specific accomplishments have
- Designing an offsite materials management office and distribution
center and planning and organizing the relocation of this site without interruption of
services or decrease in service levels.
- Planning and implementing an in-house records retention, retrieval
and delivery service resulting in improved quality and over $200,000 reduction in annual
- Selecting, planning and successful implementation of two materials
management information systems.
- Planning, negotiating, and implementing a single source prime
distributor relationship resulting in $150,000 annual savings and over $200,000 in
one-time inventory reductions.
- Conducting cost accounting of the revenue and expense of patient
chargeable supplies at a large metropolitan hospital resulting in improved patient supply
and equipment change management, increased accuracy of financial statements and cost
reports, and more streamlined system functionality.
- Participated in the conduction of PACER programs for 24 PECA
- Performed distribution and procurement analysis for 4 PECA
Mr. Ferguson is a member of the Association of
Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM) of the American Hospital Association.
He has served as a member of the faculty for four presentations at AHRMM's annual
In addition to his professional achievements, Mr.
Ferguson held publicly elected positions on the board of directors of a metropolitan water
board and sanitation district, serving as president for one year.