Donald E. Greenslade, an associate of PECA, has over thirty
years experience as a healthcare professional in the United Kingdom and has held a number
of senior management positions within the National Health Service. Previously, he was
Regional Commercial Manager to Wessex Regional Health Authority where he was responsible
for the provision of total purchasing, logistics and materials management service to one
hundred and forty seven hospitals.
Mr. Greenslades specific experiences include:
- Planning and implementing an off-site warehouse to enhance service levels and reduce
costs for a sole community provider.
- Redesigning distribution patterns to enhance service levels (i.e. fill rates) and
minimize labor resource requirements at a major medical centers including developing a
product locator system to reduce cycle time in requisition fills for major medical
- Establishing a future vision for materials management at a tertiary medical center.
- Reorganizing procurement processes including establishing institution specific
procurement contracts for a health authority (United Kingdom).
- Creating the first regional purchasing, storage and distribution center (United
- Serving as project manager for a number of PECA supply chain
- Redesigning the States of Jersey's public procurement system (health, environment,
works, harbors, airport, police, etc.) and project managing the implementation of the new
centralized purchasing and logistics system.
Mr. Greenslade is a Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply, a
Member of the Institute of Materials Management, a Past President of the United Kingdom
National Association of Health Care Supplies Managers. He is also a member of the
Association of Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM) of the American
Hospital Association. He has lectured on health care materials management issues in both
the United Kingdom and the United States. He has served as faculty for the Annual
Conference of AHRMM.