Cathy Pace is an associate of PECA and has over twenty-six years
experience as a foodservice and healthcare professional with excellent interpersonal
skills including twenty-one years experience in progressively responsible food management
positions at major restaurant and healthcare facilities in Southern California.
Ms. Paces specific accomplishments have included:
- Planning and organizing catering business
- Developing staff training and operations manuals
- Designing a coffee shop remodel project
- Implementation of new menus and food production support
- Organizing and implementing inventory controls for food and supplies
- Coordinating new systems, accounting procedures, and client skills development
- Contract review for client facilities operated by outsourced contract service companies,
which recently assisted a Tennessee hospital in savings of over $200,000 per year on a
- Co-authored an article regarding Food Service Accounting procedures; "Food
service offers menu of cost savings", was published in Hospital
Materials Management, November 1999.
In her most recent experiences, she has been directly responsible for
evaluating all systems, operations and procedures associated with food service. Ms.
Pace is responsible for generating savings in excess of $3.5 million at 20 PECA
client facilities in several areas of food service operation ( i.e., total cost per
patient day, food production efficiencies, patient floor stock supplies and non-patient
Ms. Pace is very active in her community and serves as an elected
official. She is President of the Snowline Joint Unified School District Board
of Trustees, President of the East Phelan Property Owners Association, and has recently
been appointed to serve as a commissioner for the local county water district. She
was an accounting major at Woodbury College in Los Angeles, California.