Earley R.N., M.S.N.
Betty Earley, an associate of PECA has over
27 years experience in the healthcare field. Even though her main focus at PECA is
to provide Nursing and Clinical expertise, she has extensive experience in managing both
hospital patient care services at the Vice-President level and as a Senior Consultant
specializing in productivity and process improvement programs.
Ms. Earleys specific accomplishments include:
Providing current research to validate recommendations in
- Conducting operational analyses in Anesthesia Services.
- Developing and identifying cost reduction opportunities in surgical
procedures such as cataracts.
- Assisting in product review of all clinical areas for the PACER
Program, including data collection, clinical manager interviews and recommendations.
- Assisting in resolving specific problems as requested by clients,
such as linen loss, scrub suits, over-utilization of products, etc.
- Conducting operational analyses of Surgical Services with a focus on
process improvement and cost reduction. One operational analysis, in a large surgical
department involved how to increase surgical volume by twenty (20) percent without adding
new OR space.
- Participating as Operational Audit team member for analyses and
sales, including presentations, proposal development and program implementation
- Serving as Project Manager for single to multiple job sites,
identifying client savings between $50,000 to $10,000,000. Client bed size has ranged from
25 beds to 800+, including small rural facilities to large urban medical centers.
- Designing, developing and implementing organizational improvement
programs in all clinical departments. Specialty areas include Nursing, Surgical Services,
Anesthesia, and Emergency Services.
- Performing detailed analyses of operational problems and issues in
clinical departments with a focus on achievable and realistic solutions.
- Facilitating re-engineering, benchmarking and work redesign at both
management and staff levels.
- Teaching productivity and financial concepts, such as FTEs,
measurement tools, staffing issues and reporting systems, as a method to effectively
achieve cost containment and manager compliance.
- Operationally turning around three facilities that had significant
quality and personnel issues in the clinical departments.
- Successfully serving as Vice President of Patient Care Services at
facilities in Alabama, Michigan and Florida.
Ms. Earley has also worked as Director of Information Systems with
VHA of Alabama. While at VHA, she chaired statewide committees, developed a methodology
for comparing cost variations in surgical procedures, and provided consulting services to
Her first consulting position was with Tribrook Group, Inc. in
Oakbrook, Illinois where she conducted feasibility studies, long range program development
and certificate-of-need services.
Ms. Earley holds a B.S.N. and MSN degree from the University of
Alabama at Birmingham.